AIF Institute Live: Global Investor Series
The AIF Institute Live: Global Investor Series is provided at no charge to institutional investors. If you are interested in participating or viewing the on-demand recordings, please contact us.
2020 AIF Institute Schedule
NOTE: The 2021 AIF Institute Southwest Trustee Education Program will be followed by the AIF Southwest Investors' Forum.
NOTE: The 2021 AIF Institute Southwest Trustee Education Program is scheduled for November 16 (preceding the AIF Southwest Investors' Forum).
NOTE: In-person dinner and reception events are scheduled for New York City and Austin.
Our next live session, Portfolio Rebalancing: What, When, How?, will take place on Wednesday, May 20 at 11:00 a.m. EDT and will feature:
- André Perold, George Gund Professor of Finance and Banking, Emeritus, Harvard Business School and Co-Founder, Managing Partner and CIO, HighVista Strategies
- Britt Harris, President, CEO and CIO, The University of Texas/Texas A&M Investment Management Company (UTIMCO)
- Jonathan Grabel, CIO, Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA)
- Andrew Sawyer, Former CIO, Maine Public State Employees Retirement System and President and CIO, Sawyer Companies LLC
- Jim Clayton, Professor, Timothy R. Price Chair, and Director, Brookfield Centre in Real Estate and Infrastructure, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Sherena Hussain, Assistant Professor, Brookfield Centre in Real Estate and Infrastructure, Schulich School of Business, York University
- Judy Chambers, Managing Principal, Private Markets Consultant, Meketa Investment Group
- Sharmila Kassam, Founder/Consultant, Aligned Capital Investing and Former Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Tim Formuziewich, Managing Director and Head of Infrastructure, Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (IMCO)
- James Rice, Principal Investment Officer, Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association (LACERA)
This session will feature:
- Kevin D. Gray, Professor of Real Estate, Yale School of Management
- Rob Kochis, Partner, The Townsend Group
- Brad Creel, Director of Real Estate Investments, Lockheed Martin Investment Management Company
- Peggy DaSilva, Head of Loan and Asset Management, Allianz Real Estate
- Grant Walker, Director, Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Mark Wojcichowsky, Managing Director, Real Estate, Alberta Teachers' Retirement Fund
This session will feature:
- Andrew Lo, Ph.D., Charles E. and Susan T. Harris Professor of Finance, Director of the Laboratory for Financial Engineering, MIT Sloan School of Management
- James Walsh, Head of Portfolio Group and Partner, Albourne America LLC
- Dave Finstad, Senior Portfolio Manager, British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI)
- Elena Manola-Bonthond, CIO, CERN Pension Fund
- Ian McKnight, CIO, Royal Mail Pension Trustees Limited
- Julia Winterson, Director of Investments, CommonSpirit Health
Opening Remarks by Seth Carpenter, Ph.D., US Chief Economist, UBS
Seth Carpenter is the US Chief Economist at UBS. Before joining UBS, he was Head of US Research at Rokos Capital Management. Prior to this position, he had a long career in the public sector. Seth was at the United States Department of Treasury for 2-1/2 years, where he was nominated by President Obama to be Assistant Secretary for Financial Markets after being Deputy Assistant Secretary for Macroeconomic Analysis. Prior to Treasury, Seth worked for 15 years at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. He joined as a research economist, rising to the level of Deputy Director of the Division of Monetary Affairs. Seth is a member of the Congressional Budget Office Panel of Economic Advisors and a member of Council on Foreign Relations.
- Sylvia Owens, Managing Director, Global Private Credit and Real Assets Strategist, Aksia
- Keith Bareman, Investment Director—Fixed Income and Private Credit, Indiana Public Retirement System
- James Del Gaudio, Senior Portfolio Manager, Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System
- Ruchit Shah, Acting CIO, Texas Treasury Safekeeping Trust Company